November 03 2017
30 Park Place is delighted to announce it's recognition as a Band 1 Chambers in Crime, Family / Matrimonial and Personal Injury. Following our recent recognition as a Tier 1 set by the Legal 500
, the following barristers have been listed in the new edition of Chambers and Partners 2018 UK Bar Guide published 2 November 2017.
Family / Matrimonial
- Ruth Henke QC - 'She is clearly very intelligent. She is always on top of the brief and is efficient in that she sees the wood for the trees. She is well respected by the Bar and the bench.'
- James Tillyard QC - 'One of the most impressive silks in Wales. He has the gravitas and the experience that makes you feel you can rely on him.'
- Jane Crowley QC - 'Her understanding of the intricacies of complex medical evidence is exceptional - she's a highly gifted and experienced advocate.'
- Lloyd Williams QC - 'Lloyd is an excellent barrister with a good eye for tactics and an excellent way with clients and experts. He is a smooth operator in the court arena.'
Administrative & Public Law
- Rhodri Williams QC - 'He is client-friendly and offers pragmatic advice. Very good and very easy to work with. He understood what we were trying to achieve and gave us a quick turnaround on the advice.'
Ranked Junior Barristers
- Angharad Davies - 'She's sensible and realistic. She's clear, very approachable and straightforward.'
- Huw Evans - 'He works very hard and he has a superb command of criminal procedure.'
- Marian Lewis - 'She is a good advocate and has good people skills.'
- Caroline Rees - 'She is a thorough and experienced barrister. She works very hard and is very well throught of.'
- Sarah Waters - 'She's a good operator.'
Family / Matrimonial
- Mark Allen - 'He is very good - thorough, prepared and knowledgeable. Brings a great depth of knowledge to any case he is instructed on.'
- Colin Douglas - 'Meticulous approach to preparation and his attention to detail is outstanding. Exceptional work ethic and is only too happy to go above and beyond to assist those instructing. A clear analytical thinker able to respond robustly under pressure.'
- Harriet Edmondson - 'A highly competent and consistent advocate.'
- Rebecca Harrington - 'Very strong in relation to the technical aspects; she makes the complex simple.'
- Catherine Heyworth - 'A highly regarded childcare practitioner who is wonderful with clients. She is excellent and rightly recognised'.
- Kate Hughes - 'She is consistently excellent and a reassuring presence for the client.'
- Catrin John - 'Experienced, knowledgeable and measured in her approach. Unflappable and clearly respected by the judges.'
- Rhian Jones - 'A gifted advocate specialising in family proceedings. Meticulous in her approach and highly recommeded for complex care proceedings.'
- Rhian Kirby - 'She is pleasant, user-friendly and very good at what she does.'
- Natalie Sandercock - 'Thorough, pragmatic and highly effective. Natalie's attention to detail and preperation before hearings mean that she is always thoroughly prepared. She really knows her stuff. She is thorough and a safe pair of hands.'
- Rhys Taylor - 'One of my favourite barristers. He really has developed huge expertise, particularly on pensions. He does a great job, he's very knowledgeable and he argues well.'
- Claire Williams - 'She has great talent and energy - highly regarded. A junior with a very strong repuation'.
- Ben Davies - 'He will never not do a case because it is too difficult. He really uses all the resources available to him, which has resulted in a lot of wins where others would have given up. He achieves excellent results.'
Chambers’ excellent level of client service has also been recognised this year:
The set is praised by market sources for the skills of its barristers and the "exceptional quality" of the clerking.
"The clerks are a great asset to the chambers. They make a point of getting to know the instructing solicitors and make it their business to know what you are looking for in a counsel."
"It is a reliable chambers with clerks who are dependable and communicate well."
"The staff behind the scenes make everything run like clockwork. They will provide cover without undue fuss if required on a matter."
“ Phillip Griffiths, the senior clerk, is singled out for particular praise: "The chief clerk is very hands-on and very helpful. He makes it his business to know the solicitors and he sorts everything out."
In response to the newly released rankings, Head of Chambers Miss Ruth Henke QC comments:
I am both pleased and delighted that the quality of the staff and practitioners in 30 Park Place in all disciplines has been recognised again this year. It is the people that make the place and it is gratifying that the exceptional abilities of so many members of chambers and of our clerks has been acknowledged. - Ruth Henke QC