Catrin practises primarily in the area of family law and is a well regarded practitioner often conducting complex cases alongside and against leading counsel.
She has predominantly been instructed to represent Local Authorities and Children’s Guardians in complex cases involving serious sexual and physical abuse of children and has earned a reputation for being well prepared and robust.
Catrin has appeared in lengthy trials on alleged non-accidental injuries and issues of parenting impaired by mental or fabricated illness.
She is also Instructed by Local Authorities in cases under the Mental Health Act such as the displacement of a nearest relative.
Notable and Reported cases
- "Extremely hard-working and thorough." (Chambers UK, 2021)
- 'A good advocate with a focus on children matters.' (Legal 500, 2021)
- 'She's very reliable, knows the cases and is very supportive to her clients.' (Chambers UK, 2020)
- 'Instructed in both public and private children matters.’ (Legal 500, 2020)
- 'She has a wealth of knowledge and experience in public law proceedings. Her advocacy skills are superb and her advice is consistent and thorough.' (Chambers UK, 2019)
- ‘Very experienced in cases involving non-accidental injuries.’ (Legal 500, 2018)
- 'Experienced, knowledgeable and measured in her approach. Unflappable and clearly respected by the judges.' (Chambers UK, 2018)
- 'Her practice includes serious cases of abuse and non-accidental injuries'. (Legal 500, 2017)
- 'Highly regarded in the public law children field, she specialises in representing local authorities and guardians in heavyweight sexual and physical abuse matters. She has further notable experience in cases where parenting has been affected by mental illness. Strengths: "She is very capable, experienced in complex cases, is good with the clients and takes a very sensible approach to what she does." (Chambers UK 2017)
- ‘Highly recommended for cases involving serious physical and sexual abuse.’ (Legal 500 2016)
- 'Represents clients in an array of sensitive and complex family law proceedings. Acts for children's guardians and public authorities in cases involving non-accidental injury allegations. Highly regarded for her case preparation.' "Her experience is top-notch and she has an excellent approach." (Chambers UK, 2016)
- 'She has a forte in children cases involving non-accidental injuries and factitious illnesses' (Legal 500, 2015)
- 'Highly regarded for her work in complex children's proceedings, particularly those concerning the physical and sexual abuse of children. She also undertakes work with a medical focus, including non-accidental injury matters, as well as ancillary relief cases.'
- "She is an extremely able and highly conscientious practitioner." (Chambers UK, 2015)
- 'She is always well prepared and firm in court’ (Legal 500, 2014)
- "She is very professional in her approach, always very well prepared and ensuring she makes time for clients, making sure that they understand the process and are able to be fully involved in what is often a difficult and emotional experience." (Chambers UK, 2014)
- Former Wales and Chester Circuit Junior
Education & Qualification
- BVC ICSL
- LL.B Cardiff University
- Family Law Bar Association