Angharad is a traditional Chancery barrister, who enjoys contentious probate, Inheritance Act claims, administration of estates, trust disputes and Court of Protection work. She undertakes non-contentious probate work, advises on the interpretation of wills and distributions on intestacy and has acted in numerous cases involving undue influence, fraud/forgery and issues over capacity.
Her practice deals with a wide range of Chancery matters from real property, constructive trusts and proprietary estoppel, professional negligence, landlord & tenant to insolvency (corporate and personal) as well as dealing with contractual claims. She has a particular interest in matters concerning land from boundary disputes and easements to leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions. She deals with a diverse range of disputes, including adverse possession, conveyancing concerns, mortgage fraud, sales at undervalue and TOLATA. Angharad has been instructed by almost all of the Welsh Local Authorities and the Welsh Assembly Government to advise on land issues. She is happy advising in conference or on paper and is adept at finding commercially prudent resolutions as well as confidently presenting cases in the High Court, County Court and before Land Adjudicators.
Before coming to the Bar Angharad worked briefly as a commercial in-house litigator for Friends Provident and interned in the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals, working for the Presiding Judge on death row cases. She undertook a pure Chancery pupillage at New Square Chambers, Lincoln’s Inn.
Notable and Reported cases
- Proprietary estoppel case concerning a farm .
- Testamentary capacity of testator
- Advice on administration of estates / interpretation of wills
- Court of Protection applications by financial deputy, Local Authorities and family members
- Contractual disputes over breaches and termination of contract
- Professional negligence of solicitors in conveyancing / probate
- Professional negligence of architects
- Nuisance arising from misuse of right of way
- Neighbour dispute over boundary walls and fences
- Claim by liquidator against former directors of company for transactions at undervalue
- Enforcement of European judgments in England & Wales
- Evans & Anor v Jones & Anor  EWCA Civ 660, Court of Appeal (unlawful dividend)
Has a wide-ranging chancery practice and particular expertise in disputes over the construction and interpretation of wills. She also handles Court of Protection, insolvency and land law cases. Strengths: "She is dedicated, proactive and an expert in this field." Chambers UK 2017
- 'She is approachable, accessible and provides pragmatic and expert advice.’ - Legal 500, 2016
- She is praised for her exceptional skills in traditional chancery, most notably when it comes to contentious probate, Inheritance Act and Court of Protection cases. Strengths: "She is a clear and patient advocate who is approachable and robust when needed." Chambers UK, 2016
- 'Her practice includes probate, Inheritance Act claims, trusts and the administration of estates' Legal 500, 2015
- 'She's exactly what you want from counsel. She inspires confidence, but in no way comes across as aloof. She lets the clients talk, and makes them feel that they are being heard. She can simplify things and reassure clients.' 'She's very measured and very clear. She doesn't ramble. She gets straight to the point and everything she says is very relevant. She has the respect of the judge in front of her, without question.' Chambers UK, 2015
- 'A highly regarded Chancery specialist' Legal 500, 2014
- 'Continues to be highly regarded for her expertise across a broad spectrum of chancery matters.' Chambers & Partners, 2014
- 'hardworking and reliable … recommended for probate and general commercial instructions' Legal 500, 2013
- 'Angharad has a traditional chancery practice'. Legal 500, 2012
- 2000 – 2001 Undertook a pure Chancery pupillage at New Square Chambers, Lincoln’s Inn.
- 2000 - Before coming to the Bar Angharad worked briefly as a commercial in-house litigator for Friends Provident
- 1997 Intern in the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals, working for the Presiding Judge on death row cases.
Education & Qualification
- Inns of Court School of Law (1999 – 2000)
- Swansea University (1996 – 1999)
- Full member of Society of Trusts & Estates Practitioners
- Chancery Bar Association
- Association of Contentious Trusts & Probate Specialists
- Solicitors for the Elderly