Mikhael is a member of the Civil@30 and Public@30 teams. He joined 30 Park Place in May 2009, having previously undertaken pupillage and practised in Swansea.
He covers all aspects of personal injury law, which he is happy to undertake under a conditional fee agreement, including road traffic accidents, occupier's liability, workplace injuries and tripping claims, (with a particular interest in occupational disease). He also appears in benefits and CICA appeals and has extensive experience of coroners' inquests.
Mikhael accepts instructions relating to other aspects of civil litigation, including disputes on costs, breach of contract, credit hire agreements and housing.
Mikhael regularly appears in Employment Tribunals up and down the country and also has experience of representing Claimants and Respondents at the Employment Appeal Tribunal. He undertakes all aspects of employment law including redundancy, equal pay and discrimination cases with a particular emphasis on unfair dismissal cases. He also presents on a wide range of employment issues and undertakes pro bono cases in appropriate circumstances.
Prior to joining the bar, Mikhael worked for over four years with two personal injury firms, gaining experience of both Claimant and Defendant work. He also worked for a number of human rights law organisations and was a legal assistant on death row cases in Oklahoma.
Mikhael is a fluent Welsh speaker, and regularly conducts cases in Welsh.
Notable and Reported cases
- Experienced in a wide range of personal injury cases.’ (Legal 500, 2016)
- 'His practice covers areas such as employers liability, RTAs and occupiers liability' (Legal 500, 2015)
- 'An accomplished personal injury litigator acting on behalf of both claimants and defendants in Wales and the South West of England. He frequently advises on workplace injuries, RTA claims and inquests.' (Chambers UK 2015)
- "As part of his broad practice, he handles occupational disease litigation" (Legal 500, 2014)
- "He's able to communicate well with clients in conference - it makes him stand out. He's very accessible and able to come back to us swiftly with clarity as to whether or not a case is going to succeed." (Chambers UK 2014)
- "Mikhael Puar has a broad personal injury practice, and is noted for his expertise in claims relating to road traffic accidents." (Chambers UK 2013)
- 'Rising star Mikhael Puar makes an entrance into this year's rankings, impressing observers with his industrial disease expertise and high level of responsiveness'.
- (Chambers UK 2012)
Education & Qualification
- LL.B (Hons) - 1st class
- BVC - classed as outstanding
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Criminal Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association