Mental Health, Vulnerable Adults & Community Care
A dynamic group who have a broad range of experience in these complementary and overlapping fields. Members’ experience covers:-
- After-care under S117 Mental Health Act 1983;
- Applications under the Mental Health Act 1983;
- Best interest decisions involving the welfare and property of incapacitated adults under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the inherent jurisdiction;
- Capacity including capacity to consent to medical treatment;Care standards ;
- Community care including assessments of need, charging for services, children in need, care plans and the closure of care and residential homes;
- Confidentiality and access to health and social services records;
- Deprivation of Liberty
- Human Rights
- The powers and duties of local social services authorities; LHBs and hospital trusts; WAG and Central Government.
Members appear before the Administrative Court, the Court of Protection, the High Court (Family Division), County Court and the Mental Health Review Tribunal in Wales.
Our client base is wide including private care homes, local social services authorities, LHBs, NHS Trusts & hospitals, incapacitated persons, patients and their relatives
The group accepts publicly funded work.